Join us for a tour through Italy at Ambrosia's first wine dinner of the year on Tuesday, February 6, from 5:30 to 7:00pm. Marc Stotland of Mionetto Imports, assisted by Clarke Schatz of Southern Glazer's of Oregon will be our guides in exploring the wine varieties, geography, climate and wine-making techniques for each wine. We'll drinking two whites, three reds and a Vin Santo (Holy wine) from Italy, plus a surprise bubbly from France. The wines are:
- Gratien & Meyer Cremant de Loire AOC Brut Rosé
- Livio Felluga Sauvignon Colli Orientali Del Friuli, DOC 2016
- Pertinace Barbera D'Alba DOC 2015
- Capezzana Carmignano DOCG 2012
- Rocca Sveva Amarone della Valpolicella DOC 2009
- Capezzana Vin Santo di Carmignano Riserva DOC 2009
This four-course dinner will be prepared by Ambrosia Chef Rory Valentino in collaboration with guest chef, Maki Doolittle. Maki is a graduate of the LCC culinary program, and food and wine lover. Each course will be created to compliment the wines and their unique qualities. The cost is $50 per person and space is limited to 26 people. The wines will be available for purchase and there will be a 10% discount for the purchase of 12 bottles or more.
It's going to be a great evening of tasting and learning about these wines! Make your prepaid reservation by calling Ambrosia at 541-342-4141.