Tour through Italy's Wine Regions at Ambrosia's Italian Wine Class and Tasting
Thursday March 12, from 5:30 to 7:00pm at Ambrosia
We've got an awesome line up of great Italian wines planned! Annie Wallace, district manager for VIAS Wine Imports will be here to talk about these wines. Annie is very knowledgeable about Italian wines, and has 15 years of experience in the wine industry including teaching wine classes. We're excited to have her here!
The wines we'll be tasting and learning about are:
- 2012 Maso Poli Pinot Grigio, Trentino
- 2012 Argillae Orvietto, Umbria
- 2012 Ca'Viola Dolcetto Vilot, Piedmont - Beppe Caviola is one of the greatest Dolcetto makers in Piedmont
- 2011 Feudi del Pisciotto Versace Nero D'avola, Sicily - This wine is made in partnership with Castellara of Chianti and Chateau Lafite Rothschild of Bordeaux. The beautiful label is designed by Italian fashion designer Versace and a portion of the proceeds go to the arts in Sicily.
- 2012 Gagliole Chianti Classico, Tuscany - This wine comes from the famous Concha d'Oro of Panzano of Chianti Classico. Got top 25 best Chianti Classico from James Suckling.
- 2011 Feudi del Pisciotto Marengo Frapatto, Sicily
A taste of all six wines, accompanied by small plates prepared by Ambrosia's inimitable chefs, Doug and Rory, costs $30 per person. Space is limited to 22 people. Make your prepaid reservations by calling Ambrosia. 541-342-4141
Good food, good wine and good friends, what else is there!